Sunday, April 8, 2007

What's in a name?

Corndogma.com. I wish I could take credit for the name of our blog but it was the work of Stretch’s creative genius. My first pick for the name was stretchmarks.vs.skidmarks.com but Stretch was so adamantly opposed that I didn’t push the matter. I thought it was a hilarious name for a blog between a guy and a girl but she said something about vomiting in her mouth. Stretchmarks are so uniquely feminine while skidmarks are so completely male….I thought it was perfect. She obviously doesn’t have stretchmarks and I don’t have skidmarks, currently, but nonetheless, Stretch went ahead and exercised a unilateral veto.

For those who never tried to come up with a name for a website….fugedaboutit. It’s impossible. Every good idea has been taken by some sort of cyber-squatter. Stretch and I are Seinfeld fans so I looked up: spongeworthy.com, mulva.com, serenitynow.com, nosoupforyou.com. Everything was taken. My other suggestions were macaroniandkimcheese.com (I’m Korean and Stretch is perhaps part Italian), ovophagy.com (intra-uterine cannibalism…the ultimate in sibling competition), and spermicidaltendencies.com (Obviously a play on the words, suicidal tendencies. Stretch is surely going to blog about how much guys suck and should die, and well, I kill enough sperm of my own).

The point is this. It’s damn hard to come up with an original untaken name, go to godaddy.com and give it a shot. As for corndogma, I love it. I’m corny and dogmatic….plus I love any type of carnival food that’s deep fried. Stretch likes all meats on a stick so it works well for her also. Good work Stretch.

No comments: